- 2 cups drained well-cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste) with some of its oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin or paprika, or to taste, plus a sprinkling for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
- Chopped fresh parsley leaves for garnish
1. Put everything except the parsley in a food processor and begin to process; add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
2. Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice). Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit more cumin or paprika and some parsley.
3. Pick your favorite raw veggies, dip, and enjoy!