- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup for strictly vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter melted
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9” baking pan, set aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix 2 TBS ground flaxseed with 5 TBS hot water. Set aside for at least 5 minutes. After 5 minutes it should be gelatinous and have the consistency of beaten eggs.
3. In another small bowl, mix together your dry ingredients (powdered peanut butter, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt). Set aside.
5. Add vanilla and dry ingredients and blend until well combined.
6. Add your flaxseed mixture and blend until completely smooth (the smoother the better)!
7. Mix in your chocolate chips by hand.
8. Pour batter into your greased 9x9” baking pan.
9. Drizzle the melted peanut butter over the top and swirl it around!
10. Bake in your preheated oven for 25-30 minutes. The sides will spring back when touched, but the middle may still be a little jiggly. Shorter bake time = gooier brownies.
11. Place on a wire rack until cooled enough to eat. Cut and serve!
12. Store in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to 1 week (but I guarantee they won’t last that long)!